These days, a lot of people have already been engaged with the advancing technology and it's quite unusual if someone you know doesn't own a cellular phone.
And since almost everyone already owns a mobile phone, we should admit the fact that we feel incomplete when we don't take our mobile phones in the bathroom. However, we should all be aware of the dangers of bringing a cellular phone inside a room where everything can be covered with water.
A teenager named Madison Coe met an accident while she was taking a bath. The teenager who was taking a bath on Saturday evening in her father's home, never expected that she would die for doing something that almost everyone does.
She was enjoying soaking in the bath tub when her father, Logan Coe started banging the door and kept on telling her that it's time to get out of the bathroom. She then said yes but after 20 minutes, she still hasn't come out of the shower area.
Her father knocked again but this time, he heard no response from the girl.
He then decided to open the door and his world shattered into million pieces when he found his daughter unresponsive. Her phone was plugged in an outlet on the wall while she was soaking in the bath tub, lifeless.
It was alter on revealed by the mother of Madison, Angela O’Guinn-Downs, that her daughter died of electrocution. The phone that was still plugged on the outlet was found in the bathtub and Madison had a burn mark on her hand.
He father who happens to bean EMT, even tried reviving his daughter on the way to the hospital but unfortunately, his daughter was pronounced dead on arrival.
The cause of her death hasn't been confirmed yet but they were all pointing that it was electrocution that killed her.
Madison's step mom then stated that she only did what she's been doing every time she takes a bath.
“The bathroom is a place for showers and personal time and your phones don’t belong in the bathroom. Electricity and water do not mix. All it takes is a drop.”
Madison’s biological mother, Angela, said:
“She was such a bright, vibrant, very intelligent, loving, caring young lady. She had such a huge heart. Always willing to help others.”
Her family then used her death to warn everyone about the dangers that the common practice could bring.