Let's face it, all of us have been checking our phones on a daily basis before we go to bed. Some people just wanted to get an update from their friends while others simply wanted to see what's on their news feed. Aside from that, there are also some who are using their phones at night until they slowly fall asleep.
However, not everyone of us is aware of all the things that could happen to us when we get too much exposure from our mobile phones. A study that has been conducted has determined the effects of prolonged exposure on mobile phones at night.
Here are some of the risks of using mobile phones at night:
1. Cancer risk
- Being exposed too much on mobile phones increases the chances of having breast and prostate cancer. The blue light that is being emitted by the mobile phones blocks the melatonin which is the antioxidant that our body use to fight cancer.
2. Affects sleeping time
- Blue light suppresses the release of melatonin which happens to be the hormone that's responsible for our sleep cycle. Using your phones at night will make it difficult for a person to sleep.
These are the possible things that could happen when the habit persists:
- Weight gainCONTINUE READING ON PAGE 2
- Cardiovascular problems
- Affects alertness of memory
- Odd and older appearance and slower response time
3. Harmful to the eyes
- Getting exposed from blue light in the evening causes damage to the retina plus, it can also lead to a muscular degeneration which is the lack of central. And also. studies revealed that it can also lead to cataracts.
Via: ManilaReaders Trending